Featured Image by Aliya Rose Photography
Hello friends! My name is Christy and I am new to this whole blogging thing but sometimes (not often) I have good ideas and I need a way to keep track of them so I figured I could share them with you as well. Before I dish all my genius ideas to you, let’s get to know each other!
Ten Things You Should Know About Me:
1. I grew up just outside of St Louis (go Cardinals), went to school at Iowa (go Hawkeyes), and moved to Denver (go Broncos) almost two years ago with my husband!
2. I’m married! My husband’s name is Brian and we had the most beautiful wedding in the world that ever existed and will ever exist (but I might be a little biased). My favorite quote to describe our relationship is “We’re all a little weird. And life is weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” (quote by Robert Fulghum)
3. I strongly believe there is no better way to start the day than feeling gorgeous! When I look good, I feel good. I love fashion, make up, and those perfect beach waves. I’ve always thought it would be fun to make it to one of the major fashion weeks.
4. I am a fiercely loyal customer. When I find a brand or product that I love, I will not change until I am forced to or its for a really good reason. My favorites: Starbucks, Victoria’s Secret, Apple Products
5. I love cooking!! The kitchen is my favorite room in our apartment. In my spare time, I’ll find new recipes on Pinterest to try. My husband enjoys being the taste tester of all my creations. A few years ago I could barely make macaroni and cheese, but now I am willing to try any recipe and would like to believe I have become a pretty good cook.
6. Brian and I adopted a puppy from the Colorado Puppy Rescue but in so many ways, it was her who rescued us. She brings us joy and love everyday. There is nothing like coming home everyday to a pup that is always so excited to see you. She is our little princess which makes is perfect that her name is Jasmine.
7. I love for playing hostess! We love having dinner guests or company for the weekend. When we moved to Denver, having a guest bedroom was a requirement so that all our friends and family could stay with us when they visit. I try to give them the five star hotel experience with a homey touch.
8. I have a lot of shoes. I knew I picked the right one when he offered to keep his clothes in the guest bedroom so that the second closet in our bedroom could be devoted to my shoes. I currently own about 70 pairs but the number never stops growing. Heels are definitely my favorite type of shoe (probably something to do with the fact that I stand tall at 5’2”).
9. I strongly believe that laughter is the best medicine so I try to keep things light by adding a funny or making a joke. I am not afraid to make funny of myself but try to stay away from hurting others feelings. Laughter is contagious and I hope you find me hilarious but slightly humorous would suffice.
10. Traveling makes my heart happy. New places are exciting and grow your understanding of the world. Sometimes I travel for experiences and sometimes I travel for relaxation-the later usually when the beach is involved. Thankfully Brian is always on board for an adventure. If I could spend every day in a bikini on the beach drinking cocktails with umbrellas for the rest of my life, I would be set!
These should give you a decent idea of the things I will be writing about on here. If these things interest you too, join me in my new adventure as a… blogger!