Though this winter has been pretty mild (with the exception of the past two weeks), I am beyond excited for spring to finally get here. The days are getting warmer and the nights are getting shorter. Summer is my favorite of all seasons so spring always brings new hope as we make our way through the year.
Everyone knows the phrase “April showers bring May flowers” so it’s not surprising that my spring essentials revolve around those things in particular. Without further ago, my five essentials for spring:
- Rain boots – There is nothing worst than putting together the perfect out fit only to have it start raining in the middle of the day and ruin your shoes. If there is even the slightest chance of rain in the forecast, I will throw my rain boots in the car so I can change into them at a moment’s notice.
- Umbrella – In preparation for the rain, an umbrella is key. I like having a small one that can fold up tiny and fit in my purse. I hate being caught in the rain without one. I am all for singing and dancing in the rain, as long as I don’t have somewhere important to go that requires I smell/look better than a wet dog.
- Floral prints – I absolutely love when the weather gets nice enough that I can pull out the floral prints, whether it’s a dress, skirt, top, you name it. I even splurged for a floral print pair of heels last year that I am dying to bring out of hibernation! Sunshine and floral prints were made for each other and I can’t get enough when spring rolls around.
- Ankle Jeans – Spring is a great time to break out the ankle jeans. Whether you go for the loose fit boyfriend or tighter skinny style, these are a great way to bridge the gap from winter’s full coverage but still keeps you warm until summer hits. With all the heavy layers of winter, loose boyfriend jeans can look frumpy when not properly paired, but the lightweight fabrics of spring are a perfect compliment. They also show off your cute new shoes in a major way.
- Small Bag – Another great part about spring is spring-cleaning… out your purse that is! With the cold weather in the past, this is a great time to clean out all the gloves, hats, scarves and anything else you collected over the winter season so you can move into a smaller bag. For spring, I find the perfect size is just slightly bigger than my iPad mini so that all the essentials fit.
What are your spring essentials? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!